And by TRUE, I mean FALSE
Life in the People's Republic of Canada.
2004-09-21
 

Awful dark in here...

Back when the Web was relatively new, I whipped up a couple of sites for personal use. I tried to apply some consistency to the pages - something that was sorely lacking on many sites at the time. Using frames was one of the questionable design decisions I made. Other than that, I think they'd stand up today as examples of fairly good design compared against the other sites of the time.

One 'rule' of Web design came to me from Web Pages that Suck - sites with a black background and colour scheme are pretentious. So I'm not sure why I chose the black theme here. I think it's going to change soon. Not because it's prententious - more because it's depressing. I can see a lot of angry screeds with this grey-text-on-black-background theme. And that's not what I'm about, is it?
 
Comments:
Yeah G.... you never come across as angry.... :)
 
I'm full of rage, but in a happy sense.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada
ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / January 2007 / August 2019 /



Powered by Blogger