And by TRUE, I mean FALSE
Life in the People's Republic of Canada.
2004-09-25
 

In General...

Ah, the numbers may be sequential, but the thoughts may be a random mess.

1) I'm quitting smoking, again. I've tried this before and I'm just generally messed-up for the first 48-72 hours after I quit. Just like the sad cycle of international response to genocide, I have my own stages of quitting: (1) 72 hours of physical adjustment (2) mellowing out (there, that wasn't so bad, was it?) (3) "just one smoke" (4) constant borrowing of cigarettes from friends (5) buying my own pack (at which point, I'm officially a smoker again).

2) I saw "Shaun of the Dead" last night. You should see this movie.

3) I have another cold - my third since July. It came on fast, so hopefully it will run its course and be gone just as quick. Colds these days seem to pack more punch than they used to: is it my aging immune system or a sign of coming viral apocalypse?

4) Ray Bradbury's short story, "A Sound of Thunder" is apparently the basis of an upcoming movie with the same name. The trailer looks good up until about halfway through, when apparently it departs from the original story and strikes off in a bold new Hollywoodish direction...Read the original story and check out the trailer and you'll see what I mean.

You may recognize the main theme of "A Sound of Thunder" from the Simpsons episode where Homer has that wacky time-traveling toaster.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada
ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / January 2007 / August 2019 /



Powered by Blogger