And by TRUE, I mean FALSE
Life in the People's Republic of Canada.
2004-09-26
 

Smoking

It seems the more I quit, the less the withdrawal bothers me. The last time I quit, I used Nicorette to handle the cravings - there was quite an ad blitz for the stuff last winter/spring and a friend of mine had successfully quit using it, so I gave it a shot. It worked as well as cold-turkey. I can't say if it's any better. I'm going cold turkey right now and I'm not running after my wife with knives or even losing my temper that much. Ironically, the fact that I don't find quitting that difficult is one of the things that leads me back to smoking. "Well, I'll just quit again. No problem!" The problem is deciding to quit, not the actual quitting.

Tomorrow will be the true test. Work always provides unique stresses, and I have smoking friends there. The slippery-slope back to addiction always starts at work. One after lunch leads to one at every break leads to me buying a pack.


 
Comments:
Or you could just put all your smokes into this mysterious Reagan holy grail, which you clearly cannot or will not ever claim. EZ GG $$ OWNED
 
If this Reagan mug you speak of is from the actual Library in Simi Valley it is a thing of beauty. I have one myself in my bedroom right now. I keep it in our bedroom so it can be admired nightly.
 
It's a comment avalanche! Thanks for starting the icepack down the mountain, kufr...if that is your real name.
 
Before we go too far here "Avren" if that is your real name.....do we know that G is still a non-smoker?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada
ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / January 2007 / August 2019 /



Powered by Blogger