And by TRUE, I mean FALSE
Life in the People's Republic of Canada.
2004-10-16
 

I've got nothing against Chinese folks, but...

...what exactly do you think would normally follow that "but?" If someone were to start off a sentence like that in a conversation with me, I'd instinctively cringe for the derogatory conclusion. You wouldn't finish off with "boy are they making strides in their economy," or "I hope they follow through with their moon-landing plan." No, a more logical ending would be something like "they sure are short," or perhaps "they sure are short, except for Yao Ming."

So when John Kerry says:

"I'll never give a veto to any country over our security. But . . ."

"I believe in being strong and resolute and determined. And I will hunt down and kill the terrorists, wherever they are. But . . ."

"I have nothing but respect for the British, Tony Blair, and for what they've been willing to do. But . . ."

"I couldn't agree more that the Iraqis want to be free and that they could be free. But . . ."

I agree with some of what he's saying, but not all of it...

(Thanks to Best of the Web Today for the fodder)
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada
ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / January 2007 / August 2019 /



Powered by Blogger