And by TRUE, I mean FALSE
Life in the People's Republic of Canada.
2004-11-25
 

Snap-Crackle-Zinc

I tried to post here a few days ago, but something was messed up with Blogger and it never happened. You sure didn't miss much - just a bitchfest about my health. Speaking of which...

I felt like I was coming down with a cold the other day. Lileks is continually praising the wonders of zinc on the Bleat, so I grabbed some zinc/vitamin C losanges. It seems to have done the trick. I'll keep this in mind, since I've had (as you may know) 132 colds since July of this year.

In other health news, I finally broke down and went to the chiropracter this morning after triggering another back spasm yesterday evening and having a terrible, sleepless night full of pain. I injured my back originally about a week ago and have been enduring some degree of pain ever since. Chiropractic is a weird combination of science and pseudo-science. Manipulating the spine can truly help relieve pain and correct a problem. But some of the methods chiropracters use are just bunk. All this rubbish about needing to see a chiro every month for "maintenance," for example. "Subluxations" of the spine causing virtually all health problems is another notion that reeks of junk science. Why don't we try magnets and crystals while we're at it. That being said, chiropracters know the back and spine pretty well. After a few snap-crackle-pop minutes on the table, and a couple of hours of ice, my back feels pretty good. I'm going back tomorrow for a follow-up, but I think this may have solved the problem. Or perhaps Dr. Knuckles snapped my spine on the table and I died, but I'm one of those 6th Sense ghosts who doesn't realize they're dead...hard to say.
 
Comments:
Nice Article.......!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada
ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / January 2007 / August 2019 /



Powered by Blogger