And by TRUE, I mean FALSE
Life in the People's Republic of Canada.
2004-11-05
 

That wasn't so bad now, was it?

Earlier this year I called Bush to win the presidency and carry 49 states (Kerry winning Massachusetts and D.C.). I didn't have a blog back then, but I can put you in touch with some people who heard my outrageous prediction and can vouch for me.

Anyway, it wasn't 49 states. But Bush won. As they say, "it's all over but the crying" - and there certainly is some crying.

Protein Wisdom has a nice roundup of Democratic vitriol. There's worse stuff than that out there if you're interested. And don't miss Belmont Club's look at the fun and games...

You might also like to see how the vote broke down by county.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I mean, I agree - but I can't believe it's a Democrat who wrote it (at least, not a Democrat who voted for Kerry).

This turned into a bit of a link roundup...and this is just what I stumbled across in the last hour or so. I'm never going to finish reading the Internet, dammit.

 
Comments:
Well, before Clinton won California in 1992, the Golden State had gone to the Republicans in every other presidential election since 1968. Of course Nixon and Reagan were both from California, and the presidential candidate almost always carries his own state (see Mondale, Walter: 1984). Arnie in 08?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada
ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / January 2007 / August 2019 /



Powered by Blogger