And by TRUE, I mean FALSE
Life in the People's Republic of Canada.
2007-01-03
 

It's been a long time...

Is anyone still listening? I mean, aside from the bots...

My 3.5-year-old Canon Powershot A70 has been increasingly wonky of late. Weird purple blurred images showing up - both on the LCD screen and in images taken while the LCD is showing this effect.

I spent some time looking at new digital cameras and decided if I was going to buy a new camera, it would be a Canon Powershot A630 (available for around $350 at Don's Photo). As I was pouring over the stats and reviews, I googled "canon digital error" or something like that and learned of the "E18" error that plagued a lot of the Powershot cameras of my vintage. I've never had it, but as I was stumbling from link to link I found out that there's an inherent problem with the CCD's on a huge range of digital cameras from that era (including my A70).

Bottom line: I'm eligible for a free repair. That's nice, because the camera takes decent photos and has lots of user-controllable settings to play with (sometimes I actually get it right). And who wants to spend $300+ every few years for a camera? Aren't cameras supposed to last? I still have my dad's Pentax K-1000 from the 70's. My mom used her Canon SureShot for about 15 years before I bought her a digital for her birthday. So, a free fix - here's to a couple more years before I have to drop $300!

Labels:

 
Comments:
The power of the internet and stable blog platforms is that 7 billion people could stumble on to your words and thoughts. Over time hundreds of people will glance at your stuff.


Matthew 17
[4] Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
[5] While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
[6] And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
[7] And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
[8] And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
[9] And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

Revelation 16
[19] And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
[20] And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

FIND THE ANSWERS YOU SO DESPERATELY SEEK !
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
NEW TESTAMENT BIBLE STUDY
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<


Billionaires are BRILLIANT !

scratchwiththechickens@gmail.com
seeking benefactor

!

 
Post a Comment

<< Home
My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada
ARCHIVES
September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / January 2007 / August 2019 /



Powered by Blogger